We made it through the first week with flying colors!! The children are adjusting well to their new classrooms and teachers. The teachers are doing a fantastic job making the children feel welcome and comfortable. Just a few reminders for you to make the day go smoothly:
· The Preschool entrance is downstairs by the "big rock". The doors will open at approximately 8:50 am and will remain open until 9:10. After that time, they will be locked. If you come late or need to pick up early, please use the upstairs church entrance. You will need to ring the bell on the left hand side and be "buzzed in". There is a camera for us to see who you are and an intercom for us to talk to you.
· Please hold onto your children when in the parking lot. Do not let them run ahead of you. Also, we are never allowed to play on the "big rock".
· Watch your speed in the parking lot. Remember to look for children crossing from the playground area near dismissal time.
· Make sure your child gets plenty of rest. The beginning of school and fall sports can wear a preschooler out. Now is the time to make sure you are in a good bedtime routine.
· Please make sure to take your child to the bathroom before class. It really helps to cut down trips to the potty within the first 30 minutes of the school day beginning. A good hand washing helps to cut down on germs in the classroom too!
· The 2 year old classes will dismiss at 11:00 until Oct 3rd when they switch to noon.
Lunch Bunch is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays for our 3 and 4 year old classes. The hours are 12-1:15. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased in the lobby area. Please remember to send a nut-free lunch and label your child's lunch box. Even though lunches are refrigerated, we encourage you to place a cold pack inside your child's lunch to prevent spoilage.
Fall Fundraising Frenzy
We have several fundraising opportunities in the next several weeks. Participation is welcomed and appreciated but certainly not mandatory. We have tried to pick a few options that may interest you and give us the most "bang for your buck". Our Advisory Board VP Cassie DiSabatino is running the fundraisers and her contact information will be included with the fundraiser should you have questions or need help.
The fundraising brochures will be coming home soon. Yankee Candle has a booklet for you to chose and order from. "Kids Stuff Coupon Book" is filled with coupons from local establishments that we all use frequently. The cost of the book is $25 and our school receives a 50% profit for each book sold! If you do not want to purchase the coupon book that is sent home, please return it. You can also purchase additional books or even order one for another state that has businesses applicable to that area.
The fall book fair will run from October 16-20. Cassie DiSabatino will post a sign up sheet in the lobby area for people to help sell books at drop off and pick up. Please consider buying a book for your child's classroom. The teachers will post a wish list inside the fair. Books bought at the fair or through the Scholastic Book orders earn us points that we can redeem for books and early literacy materials.
In a few weeks, you will receive the Original Art Works program. Your teacher will select a piece of your child's artwork. You can order different items with this artwork on it such as mugs, key chains, t-shirts etc. The items are wonderful mementos for your family and great gifts for relatives. Please remember to return the artwork with the order forms. Orders will be here in time for Christmas.
Lastly, look for "No-Cook Nights" a few times over the course of the year. Go out to eat with your family and raise money for your school at the same time! Win-Win!! Certain area restaurants will give Concordia a percentage of the bill. Sometimes you will need a flyer and sometimes just to mention Concordia Preschool. Dates and locations will be posted.
The preschool uses a broadcast system that enables us to notify all of our families by phone and email within minutes of an emergency or unplanned event that causes an early dismissal, school cancellation or late start. The service is also sometimes used to communicate general announcements or reminders. You filled out an emergency phone tree form prior to the start of the school year. I will test the system this Friday at approximately 1 pm using all the numbers and email address you put on the form. Please listen to the live call or message to make sure we are reaching you.
The staff at Concordia looks forward to a wonderful year filled with lots of love and learning! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
9/18 Lunch Bunch begins for our 3 and 4 year old students
9/18,19 Kid Stuff Coupon books coming home
9/25,26 Yankee Candle Fundraiser comes home
9/29 Friday After School Specials begin for those registered
9/30 Concordia Church Oktoberfest 12-4
10/2,3 Kid Stuff Coupon Book orders due or return your coupon book to school
10/3 2 year old classes begin noon dismissal
10/9 No School- Columbus Day
10/12,13 Last days to turn in Yankee Candle Fundraiser
10/16-20 Scholastic Book Fair in the big room
10/16 Advisory Board Meeting 7 pm
10/23,24 Original Art Works fundraiser coming home
10/30 Halloween Parade for 3 and 4 year old classes 9:15 (your teacher will provide more info)
Become a Concordia Facebook Fan to check out new photos of your kids in action.